Curava warrants our Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava surfacing material will be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 15 years from the date of installation. After Curava and any of its authorized agents or fabricators verify that there is a manufacturing defect within the warranty period, Curava will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the defective material. Replacement is limited to the replacement of the slab(s) necessary to substitute the defective material.
The following important warranty provisions need to be followed in order for the warranty to apply:
- Curava warrants only Luxa Porcelain Surfaces that have been transported, handled, fabricated, and installed according to our Fabrication Guide, posted on our Products page website or on printed material.
- Improper transportation, handling, fabrication, or installation will void the warranty.
- This warranty applies only to Luxa porcelain products that have been permanently installed and that have not been moved or displaced since original installation.
- In order to benefit from the warranty, you need to register your product purchase with Curava directly or with any of its authorized dealers or agents. Failure to do so within 30 days from the date of purchase will void the warranty.
- Improper care and maintenance methods that in any way deviate from what is expressly written in the Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava Care and Maintenance Guide will void the warranty.
- The warranty is transferable and can be assigned. If this were to occur, a proof of purchase or original receipt will need to be sent to Curava prior to any Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava warranty service.
- The warranty does not cover any material that has been subject to abuse, misuse, excessive heat, as well as scratches, stains, cracks, and chips resulting from misuse and abuse.
- Damage resulting from inappropriate substrate conditions (unstable substrate, improper support) at the location where the material is originally installed. Any damage caused by the substrate failing, shifting, moving, etc., will void the warranty.
- Damage resulting from displacing or moving the material from its original installation location.
- Damage caused by improper shipping, handling, fabrication, or installation of the material. Any deviation from the Fabrication Guideline available on the Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava website or on authorized printed material will void the warranty. All fabrication and installation must be performed by a Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava certified or approved fabricator and/or installer for the warranty to be valid.
- Improper care and maintenance of Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava products shall void the warranty. Any deviation from the instructions expressly stated on the Care and Maintenance page of the Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava website or any Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava authorized printed instructions shall void the warranty.
- Product that has not been paid in full.
- Products where the original factory surface finish has been altered in any way.
- Variation in color, pattern, veining that is an inherent characteristic of porcelain and aggregate.
- Any issue that is deemed acceptable in the industry related to aggregate dispersion, color, variation and consistency, including overall background color and pattern.
- Any repair or alterations to material of other trades (electrical, plumbing, cabinetry, tile, mosaics, etc.) that is necessary in order for Curava to fulfill the warranty work should the need arise.
- This warranty does not cover products installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at the time of installation, including but not limited to variance or flatness deviation beyond defined tolerances.
- Seam or joint issues, including appearance and performance.
- Curava’s obligation under this limited warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the failed product. Such repair or replacement, however, shall not include the performance of any other repairs or modifications that may be necessary to achieve the actual repair or replacement of the failed surface product (such as, for example, any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surfacing repairs or modifications). Such other repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the customer. If Curava determines the likelihood of failure reoccurrence to be high, Curava retains the option to refund the original purchase price or offer a buy-out financial settlement for the fabricated shower surround and/or installation thereof paid by the customer in full and final satisfaction of its warranty obligation hereunder.
- In order to obtain service under this limited warranty, you must permit your Certified Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava Fabricator or Curava’s authorized agents to inspect your Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava product at the residence or business. You must also reasonably cooperate with your fabricator and Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava agents in the efforts to service this limited warranty.
- Except to the extent expressly stated herein or otherwise required by applicable law, Curava disclaims all warranties and representations, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, any implied or expressed warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and Curava shall not be responsible or liable in either contract or tort, and whether or not Curava has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage, for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages, arising out of the inability to use or delays in installation of, or repairs to the products manufactured by Curava.
- This is the only warranty offered by Curava for its products. No one other than Curava is authorized to make any warranty or promise with respect to Luxa Porcelain Surfaces by Curava products.
- Curava will not be held for any injury or damage caused by engineering or architectural design, structural issues, accidents, job site conditions, vandalism, or acts of God.
- Please check your state’s laws to determine which local laws or additional rights apply to you, as this may vary from state to state.
For more information or inquires please contact:
7 Webb Drive
Merrimack, NH 03054
Phone (603) 262-1487
Fax (603) 883-4408